Tuesday 21 July 2015

Summertime!


Hi guys, long time no post!

Well, it's official ... I survived another school year. Yay for summer holidays.

I finished school on Friday after a very very stressful working week. We just about managed to get timetables and classlists sorted but there is still so much to do. I did leave my classroom in a complete mess but I got to the point where I couldn't do anymore as I was physically and mentally exhausted. I know I will have to go in at some point in the holidays anyway so will deal with it then.

I had a massively busy weekend, hence no time for posting or indeed any sewing. We went down to the coast for a BBQ with my sister and her boyfriend, to celebrate his birthday. We stayed the night with my sister and spent a very enjoyable Sunday lazing about and going to the cinema to watch Ant Man!

I spent the first official day of my summer holiday yesterday, sewing. The whole day was dedicated to my patchwork project and I'm excited about getting it finished. I'm in the very lucky position that I now have a considerable amount of time to dedicate to sewing and knitting. We don't have any holiday's booked apart from a couple of weekend breaks, which leaves me with a lot of time for my hobbies. I've made a long list of projects to get my teeth around which I will be sharing in due course! Expect lots of shirts and shirt dresses.

What are you up to this summer?  

1 comment:

  1. wow I am really jealous of all that time off! My holiday is in December and will be nice to get 3 weeks off of work so I am just holding out for that without trying to wish my summer away! Looking forward to seeing your lovely makes :)

    ReplyDelete