Tuesday 9 June 2015

My Sewing Space

Hello. Hello. Hope everyone is having a good start to their week?

I wanted to show you my new sewing space.




My husband has recently sold his desktop computer and has allowed me to take over his office. This means that I now have a permanent space to house my sewing paraphernalia. Great, no?



I'm quite excited to have a permanent desk space to allocate to my sewing. It's admittedly a very small narrow office just off our bedroom, only really 1.5m x 2m, but the desk runs along the length of the room so there is plenty of space to lay out pattern pieces. I've got my trusty Singer Promise out of hiding and am now able to keep my sewing box in there too.  


I've also had a major sort out of all my patterns and fabrics, which are currently stashed in boxes underneath my bed. I have two files filled with my sewing patterns stored neatly and all my various sewing and knitting books and magazines are now neatly lined up in one corner.

I'm really pleased to have a permanent place to sew. This means that I no longer have to worry about packing everything away at the end of every day or project and I'm hoping this will lead to my becoming more productive.

Where do you sew? Do you have a permanent space or where do you keep you sewing equipment when it's out of use?

4 comments:

  1. ooh lucky you having a permanent place to sew! :D my sewing space is the living room floor... one day i will ensure i have a sewing room of my own! i'm glad you've got such a lovely space of your own to use now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living room floors are great for laying out fabric for cutting - I still use our dining table for cutting out too. x

      Delete
  2. I used to have a dedicated sewing room when in Sheffield - now I live in London (my machine doesn't just yet - 2 weeks to go!) I will be using a desk in my bedroom and putting things away each night! Unless I can find a neat way of storing things on display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's annoying when you have to move. We're currently building a house and I won't have a dedicated sewing space in the new house - although it won't be finished until October of next year. I'm looking for some nice ways of displaying things in the mean time too... was thinking of getting one of those thread displays, but I'm worried about it getting dusty!!

      Delete