Sunday 7 February 2016

Christmas and Preparations


Hello everyone! A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. It's been around three months since I've last blogged. For many reasons I've been keeping very busy but have just not got round to posting anything. Firstly, my laptop cable died which made accessing my photos tricky. Christmas and New Year seemed to fly by and to be honest ... I've been spending a lot of my time resting or organising for the arrival of our baby. 

Preparations for the baby are well under way. I'm currently 27 weeks, so still got a way to go! We've done a lot of sorting through stuff and buying baby items. I'm very organised and naturally a lot of lists have been made. It's a whole new world becoming a parent and deciding on what we need and what is best to buy has been quite stressful. Big purchases have now been made and I think we're 75% there. 

Anyway ... it's February ... why the Christmas photos?  

Despite being together for over 10 years, this was the first year my Husband and I have actually decorated our home for Christmas. We went for a red and white Scandinavian theme, with lots of prints and soft hanging ornaments. I loved it and was quite sad when we had to take it down and pack it away for next year. I had planned to handmake some fabric decorations but it just didn't happen. It turns out that pregnancy is very tiring and things that I would have had the energy to do before, I now find take twice as long.


However,  I did manage to make some Christmas bunting! 20 metres in fact! The fabric was purchased online from ohsewcrafty.co.uk who have a great range of Christmas fabric. My Husband helped me out with the cutting of around 60 triangles and then I sewed them together over a day and a half. They were finished the day before Christmas eve but it did make the place feel nice and christmassy.

Aside from making a lot of bunting and a few christmas pressies (soon to be blogged!), I've not got around to making any actual garments. I can't really justify making maternity clothes which I will only wear for a short time and baby clothes seem a waste of time to me when they grow out of them in only a few weeks or months. I've really missed being crafty so hope to get some knitting and sewing projects started soon, especially with Srpring coming.

What have you been up to over the winter?

2 comments:

  1. I love the bunting - I may have to do some next year. I also love oh sew crafty - I ordr regularly from them! Glad to hear your pregnancy going well too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Bunting is great and so easy to make. X

      Delete